Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blog Posts

I am having an enormously difficult time coming up with things to write about in this here blog. It's not something I feel accustomed to doing and I still feel fairly self-conscious about it. I guess I'm unconsciously avoiding it, but that's definitely not my goal. Is anyone else suffering from blog-block? Are others in the class experienced bloggers? Are people commenting on each others blogs? Mine feels static and isolated which I think adds to my subconscious desire to distance myself from it. Maybe I'll go post a comment on someone else's blog and hopefully get some crosstalk going.

3 comments:

  1. I've blogged personally and professionally, and I, too, am having trouble figuring out what to blog about -- or, more accurately, getting the oomph to organize my thoughts to blog.

    It does not help that I've had few comments -- I've commented on a few, but have gotten no love in return.

    But it's not about me, it's about you, right? :)

    The short answer: It gets easier when blogging is more like a conversation rather than a monologue. I'll try to stop by on a more regular basis and comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I try to write down any ideas that I think might make good blog posts. One idea per post. Best childhood memory of a library? I'm saving that one for a week when I can't think of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! It doesn't help that all of a sudden a week and a half has gone by and I realize I haven't blogged. Oh, that just sounds sad.

    It's easy to blog about what you think or feel about a certain lecture, assignment, or exam, and it's also very helpful to other classmates to read about what you think. Reading about other classmates and their troubles with things help me realize I'm not alone with the overwhelming workload or tricky assignments.

    Oh also, Jason, I went to Allegheny fall 05-spring 09, so I probably passed you in the hallways of Doane when I was just a budding Art History buff. Carr was my advisor for three years, but she was on sabbatical my senior year. I got a lot closer to Schindler when he became my Comp Advisor. Allegheny Art History majors are few and far between (there were 7 in my year), so it's nice to have found another one out in the real world!

    ReplyDelete